Bentley District Fire Department

Volunteer | Dedication | Perserverance

The Bentley District Fire Department is comprised of 17 committed volunteers, dedicated to serving our community. Since its establishment, the Bentley Fire Department has continued to preserve the safety and security of community members within its 1000 sq km area district. From fighting fires, to medical emergency responses, and motor vehicle accidents, our volunteers are highly trained and experienced to react and aid in many emergency situations. Training every Monday night as well as some weekends and responding to over 70 emergency calls per year, the Bentley District Fire Department's volunteers devote their lives to helping others.

This past month your fire department has been called to four incidents; interestingly, all have been carbon monoxide alarms.

  • On March 26 at 10:16 pm eight members were called to a rural residence west of town where alarms were ringing. The homeowner stated the alarm went off right after he lit the wood pellet stove. Our gas detector did not register elevated levels of carbon monoxide or any other gas, but the homeowner was advised not to use the stove until he had it inspected.
     
  • Shortly before noon on March 28 the BFD was sent to a Bentley residence where alarms were sounding. 3 residents evacuated while firefighters inspected the home. Nothing registered on the detector and the call was declared a false alarm.
     
  • At 9:58 pm on March 29, ten members responded to a call east of Bentley. A residence reported carbon monoxide alarms going off. Although the call was in Lacombe's area, the LFD requested that Bentley continue to the residence. The home was inspected and no elevated CO levels were found. Upon Lacombe's arrival the Bentley Fire Department transferred command then cleared the scene.
     
  • On April 2 about 12:15 pm seven members attended a call at another rural home west of Bentley on RR 3-0. Patients were in Rimbey EMS care upon Bentley's arrival so firefighters searched the house and recorded elevated CO levels. The house was ventilated and measures were taken to alleviate the suspected problem.

© 2018 Bentley District Fire Department | All Rights Reserved