Your department was sent to five incidents in the month of January:
- On New Year's Day eleven members were sent to a vehicle fire on the frozen Blindman River, off Highway #20 just south of Highway #12. A group of 3 people had been enjoying their ATVs when one side by side erupted in flames. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and the vehicle was removed from the river.
- At 3:33 pm on January 5 crews responded to a 2-vehicle accident on RR 28-2 near the Wooden Shoe. All those involved were out of the vehicles and mobile, but were checked over by EMS while firefighters controlled traffic. Once the vehicles were removed from the scene the highway was cleaned of fluid spills and the roadway reopened.
- Again on January 5, immediately after the first accident, crews were sent to another MVA just down the road from the first, on old Highway #12 and RR 1-1. A southbound vehicle and an eastbound one had collided at the intersection, causing considerable damage. Again, all occupants were out of their cars, one person was transported by ambulance to hospital. The highway traffic had to be managed in the fading light until the vehicles were removed.
- On January 11 at 1:57 pm members were called to assist Lacombe with a structure fire at a business in their city. Crews were stood down upon arrival as Lacombe had the incident under control.
- At 4:21 pm on January 19 eight members responded to another MVA, this time at the intersection os Hwys #12 and #20. Firefighters were requested by the RCMP to assist with traffic control at the scene which involved two vehicles. Crews obliged to safely manage the traffic during the busy evening hour and were released once the affected vehicles were towed away.