So far your Fire Department was sent to five incidents this month:
- On February 6 at 11:10 am BFD members were sent to an alarms ringing call west of town. Response time was somewhat hampered due to crews being sent to the wrong address. Once this problem was rectified members arrived to a seasonal home in the Palm Bay subdivision on Sylvan Lake. Alarms had ceased ringing by this time and the homeowner's parents met firefighters at the property to investigate. No sign of fire, smoke or other issues were discovered, so the owners were advised to speak with their alarm provider.
- On February 8 at 11:36 am five members were sent once again to the intersection of Highways #12 and #20. Another westbound vehicle and a southbound one had collided, sending both of them flying into the southwest ditch. Three patients were cared for on-scene until EMS arrival and traffic was carefully controlled while an accident reconstructionist investigated.
- Shortly after 6 pm that same day eight members were sent on a Mutual Aid call to assist Lacombe with a structure fire on a rural property in their area. Firefighters from Bentley, Blackfalds and Clive joined forces with Lacombe to help battle the blaze and shuttle water in their Tenders to the scene, located east of Lacombe on Highway #12. Fortunately the tenants made it to safety, but the house was completely destroyed. Firefighters worked for several hours to make sure the fire was completely out and did not spread to the many trees, trailers and vehicles very close by.
- Shortly after 6:30 am on February 10 a call was received of a vehicle fire in Lake Trail Estates in Bentley. Lacombe's fire department was immediately dispatched to assist as such a fire may very quickly ignite the surrounding homes. Nine members arrived to find a car in the homeowner's driveway completely engulfed. The fire was quickly knocked down using water and foam and Lacombe was stood down en route once the situation was deemed under control. A bit of damage was sustained to the siding of the mobile but everyone involved was unhurt. The interior of the home was checked with the thermal imaging camera to ensure no heat or fire had travelled through the walls.
- On February 18 at 7:11 pm a call of an outside fire was received, immediately after the power outage. Ten members were sent west of town on Highway #12 to Range Road #2-1. A fire had been spotted in the area and crews were sent to investigate. The area was narrowed down to a flare stack at a compressor station where the battery operator met firefighters and explained it was most likely a buildup of gas due to the power outage, which triggered the auto flare. It was no longer flaring upon arrival.